7th Grade Language Arts / Lesson 4.1: Narrator
Role Of the Narrator
What Will I Learn Today?
1. Learn the definition of narrator.
2. Learn the purpose of the narrator.
3. Learn why the narrator is important.
Questions to Keep in Mind
1. What does the narrator do?
2. Why is the narrator important?
1. Someone who takes part in the story.
2. An outside observer.
Purpose of the Narrator
1. Shows the reader the events of the story through his/her (the narrator's) eyes.
2. Communicates tone with his/her words.
3. Creates mood through his/her words.
Why is the Narrator Important?
1. The narrator controls what you know about the story.
2. The narrator influences how you feel about people, places and events in the story.
3. The narrator's attitude helps determine your reaction to the story's action and characters.
Getting to Know the Narrator
1. You need to know the narrator is trustworthy.
2. You need to know if the narrator is telling you the whole truth about the events of the story.
If the answer yes, continue with the lesson.
If the answer is no, review this lesson!