7th Grade Language Arts / Lesson 5d1: Adverbs ( Day 1 )
Adverbs What will we be learning in this lesson?
1. Definition of an adverb.
2. The questions an adverb answers.
3. How to identify the word an adverb modifies.
4. Differences between an adjective and an adverb.
Questions to Keep in Mind As You Read
1. What is an adverb?
2. What questions does an adverb answer?
3. How can I tell which word an adverb modifies?
4. How is an adverb different from an adjective?
DON'T BELIEVE IT!!! See the table on the next page for differences between adjective and adverbs
How to Tell an Adverb from an Adjective
1. Some words can be used as an adverb in one sentence and as an adjective in another.
2. Someone might tell you that any word that ends in -ly is an adverb.
Some adjectives are formed by adding -ly to a noun.
DON'T BELIEVE IT!!!
See the table on the next page for differences between adjective and adverbs
How to Tell an Adverb from an Adjective This is the end of the Lesson for Day 3
1. Do you know what an adverb is?
2. Do you know what questions an adverbs answers?
3. Do you know how to tell which word an adverb modifies?
4. Do you know the difference between an adverb and an adjective?
If you can't answer these questions, review this Lesson.
If you can answer these questions :
1. Close out of the Lesson
2. Complete the Practice Questions
3. Take the Post-Test