<< Back to Lessons Index
7th Grade Math / Lesson 4: Graphing Lines
What will we be learning today?
- In this lesson, you will learn how to use a table to graph a line on a coordinate plane.
Vocabulary words are found in this purple color throughout the lesson.
Remember to put these in your notebook.
- Now that you are familiar with ordered pairs, we can look at graphing lines that come from equations.
- The ordered pairs come from the numbers that work in the equation.
- Take a look at the equation x + y = 9. Find some numbers that you can use for x and y in this equation. Put them into the table to keep track of them.
- Now take these ordered pairs from the table and put them on the coordinate plane.
They all come from the same equation, so they should line up in a straight line.
- Try another one. Fill in the table with some numbers that work in the given equation. Graph the pairs of numbers to make a line.
x - y = 2
- Can you make a table of values that work for an equation?
- Can you graph the numbers from the table to make a line?
- Go back to the classroom to get to your homework and any other items you need to attend to.