<< Back to Lessons Index
7th Grade Social Studies / Lesson 4 - History through Archaeology
| What will we be learning in this unit?|
- We will be learning about the importance of archaeology and how it is used to understand history.
Click here to listen to the reading materials for this lesson
|What is archaeology?|
- Archaeology is the study of past people and cultures.
- Archaeologist study artifacts which are objects made by human beings.
- By studying these artifacts, we can learn more about the beliefs, values, and activities of our ancestors
| Geography and History|
- Geography is the study of people, their environments, and the resources available to them.
- By studying the earth, geologist can help historians learn more about ancient people and the environment they lived in.